Graham Vingoe's Caterham 7 Hill Climb
Caterham 6 speed with Tracsport modifications
Just to say 'thanks' for the gearbox upgrade and the excellent advice / Customer service:
I had my Caterham 6 Speed gearbox refreshed and upgraded by Steve at SP components – what an improvement! Although the gearbox had only covered 23,000 miles I found that gear selection was becoming a bit hit 'n miss – Steve recommended a refresh with a lighter lay gear (0.8 kg) and a slightly stronger selection spring to centralise the gear selection on the 3rd / 4th gear plane and several other modifications.
The car is used for sprinting and hillclimbing and after the engine / gearbox upgrade the results were very good for an old-timer:
2014 Hillclimb results:
· 11 x First in class, 3 x Second in class.
· 4th overall in the 2014 Wiscombe Hillclimb Championship
· 7th overall in the 2014 Association of South West Motor Clubs (ASWMC) Championship.
· Class record holder at Manor Farm Hillclimb.
2014 Sprint Results:
· Bristol Motor Club / Llandow Sprint – First in class
· Woolbridge / Clay Pigeon Sprint – First in class
· Torbay MC / Clay Pigeon Sprint – Second in class
Note how quick the 2nd to 3rd gearchange is at 44 seconds into the video - this used to be my achilles heel and sometimes ended up in 5th. After the gearbox refresh I never missed a gearchange all season.
Once again – Many thanks to Steve and SP Components